WD Hill Fall Workshops Grades K-3 4:00pm to 6:00pm
Topic for workshop: Review Class
Instructor: Lateasha Shirer
Number of Students: 8
1. Provide a brief overview of the workshop (i.e. purpose, activities and materials):
The lesson was design to give the students a review of all the previous lessons that we have
covered. I made a jeopardy game with review questions from the past lessons. If the students
couldn't answer questions then the class would have a short discussion. Overall the students
were able to answer majority of the question.
2. Did the students engage the workshop and ask questions?
The students really enjoyed participating in the review game. The students stayed focused the
entire time. The students were able to answer most of the questions on their own, which showed
me that they learned a lot and they understood the materials taught.
3. Did the students seem to learn and understand the material? For example, can the students
explain what they learned?
The students were able to answer questions to prove that they understood the materials.
4. Is this material appropriate for the K-7 grade level? Is it more appropriate for K-3 or
4-7, and why?
The questions were a little challenging but it was great questions for their grade level.
5. How do the materials and activities apply to the science and math the students are
The review materials recaptured the math and science concepts that were taught in previous
6. Additional comments:
Allow enough time for the instructor to explain subjects the students didn't fully understand.
I left about 10 minutes to discussion time but for classes that learn at a slower pace allow
more instructional time.