Ionization Energy Main Page
First year chemistry curriculum concepts
Second year chemistry curriculum concepts
Glossary of Terms
Quick Guide to DISCO Output File
SUCCEED's Computational Chemistry
Email the Group
Part I and Part II:
Answer the following questions for Part I and Part II.
- Looking at your graph, which atom or ion had the lowest energy level?
- What was the energy value?
- Why is the atom's second ionization energy larger than the first?
- Which atom/ion is most stable?
- Which method is more precise, Subtraction or Koopmans' Theory?
- What are some explanations why there is a difference in the two calculataions?