About this resource
Building the Model
Run the Model
Glossary of Terms
- The mathematics behind the a computer model.
- The science behind the model-- background about the information in the model.
- How the computer model was set up to model the problem.
- A chemical substance that will increase the speed at which a reaction occurs but not chemical output of the reaction.
- Causual Loop System:
- A diagram showing the components of an ongoing process.
- The amount of a substance in a specified volume.
- Free Radicals:
- Extremely reactive substances that possess unpaired electrons.
- Molecules that contain at least one carbon and hydrogen atom.
- Expresses that a certain particle has kinetic energy: it has both mass and velocity.
- Oxidizing Agents:
- Substances that take electrons from other atoms.
- Photochemical Smog:
- Exists when hydrocarbons and oxides of nitrogen occur together in the presence of sunlight.
- Reducing Agents:
- Substances that give electrons to other atoms.
- Solar Radiation:
- Emissions from the sun.
- A layer of air extending about seven miles upwards from the earth's surface.