About this resource
Building the Model
Run the Model
Glossary of Terms
By the time you finish this exercise, you should be able to do the following:
- Use the Smog Photochemistry Model
- Working with Inputs
- Analyze and format various types of input data (such as the original concentration of NO or CO) for use in a a smog photochemistry model. Data can be collected from a variety of sources.
- Provide an explanation of the fundamental mathematics, assumptions, and limitations of smog photochemistry models.
- Working with Outputs
- Interpret a graphic representation of important concepts, such as concentrations of NO2, NO, and CO.
- Interpreting the Results
- Describe the limitations of the model and the results provided
- Communicate complex technical, economic, and policy-related material in a professional, plain-English manner in a written document.
- Work As a Team
- Organize an effective team.
- Effectively communicate specialized knowledge to other team members in order to make well-informed collective decisions.
- Divide a complex task into manageable team assignments.
- Establish and meet team deadlines.