From the Tricities (TN) airport to Boone
- Follow the signs to Interstate 81. - 2 miles
Take the I-81 NORTH towards Virginia - 2 exits (5 miles)
- Take the exit for Route 37 towards BLOUNTVILLE
Stay on 37 until Route 11/19E. - 5 miles
- Take 11/19E SOUTH towards JOHNSON CITY/ELIZABETHTON - 5 miles
Stay on 19E when the roads split (19E will turn to the left).
- Take 19E through Elizabethton, Hampton and up the mountain to
Roan Mountain. Continue on 19E to the NC border into Elk Park. - 35
Go straight on Route 194 (South) when 19E turns to the left.
Stay on 194 into downtown Newland. - 5 miles.
- In Newland, turn left on Route 181. Follow 181 to LINVILLE. - 5 miles.
Turn left onto Route 105 NORTH, following 105 all the way to
Boone. - 20 miles.
- 105 will bring you into downtown Boone; watch for the intersection
with Route 321. Turn left on 321 and watch for the ASU entrance about
a mile further on your left.
Estimated Total Distance: 90 miles
Estimated Time: 2 hours
Please direct questions and comments about this page to
© Copyright 1998 The Shodor Education Foundation, Inc.