4. The student connects algebraic and geometric representations of functions.
5. The student knows the relationship between the geometric and algebraic
descriptions of conic sections.
Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
11. The student formulates equations and inequalities based
on exponential and logarithmic functions, uses a variety of methods to solve them, and analyzes
the solutions in terms of the situation.
Foundation for Functions
1. The student uses properties and attributes of functions and applies
functions to problem situations.
2. The student understands the importance of the skills required to
manipulate symbols in order to solve problems and uses the necessary algebraic skills required to
simplify algebraic expressions and solve equations and inequalities in problem situations.
3. The student formulates systems of equations and inequalities from
problem situations, uses a variety of methods to solve them, and analyzes the solutions in terms of
Quadratic and Square Root Functions
6. The student understands that quadratic functions can be
represented in different ways and translates among their various representations.