By Subject (broad)
By Topic (specific)
By Resource Type
Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills: Algebra I
> Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills: Algebra I
Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills
Foundation for Functions
1. The student understands that a function represents a dependence of one quantity on another and can be described in a variety of ways.
2. The student uses the properties and attributes of functions.
3. The student understands how algebra can be used to express generalizations and recognizes and uses the power of symbols to represent situations.
4. The student understands the importance of the skills required to manipulate symbols in order to solve problems and uses the necessary algebraic skills required to simplify algebraic expressions and solve equations and inequalities in problem situations.
5. The student understands that linear functions can be represented in different ways and translates among their various representations.
6. The student understands the meaning of the slope and intercepts of the graphs of linear functions and zeros of linear functions and interprets and describes the effects of changes in parameters of linear functions in real-world and mathematical situations.
7. The student formulates equations and inequalities based on linear functions, uses a variety of methods to solve them, and analyzes the solutions in terms of the situation.
8. The student formulates systems of linear equations from problem situations, uses a variety of methods to solve them, and analyzes the solutions in terms of the situation.
Quadratic and Other Nonlinear Functions
9. The student understands that the graphs of quadratic functions are affected by the parameters of the function and can interpret and describe the effects of changes in the parameters of quadratic functions.
10. The student understands there is more than one way to solve a quadratic equation and solves them using appropriate methods.
11. The student understands there are situations modeled by functions that are neither linear nor quadratic and models the situations.
No Results Found