By Subject (broad)
By Topic (specific)
By Resource Type
Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills: Grade 8
> Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills: Grade 8
Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills
Geometry and Spatial Reasoning
6. The student uses transformational geometry to develop spatial sense.
7. The student uses geometry to model and describe the physical world.
8. The student uses procedures to determine measures of three-dimensional figures.
9. The student uses indirect measurement to solve problems.
10. The student describes how changes in dimensions affect linear, area, and volume measures.
Number, Operation, and Quantitative Reasoning
1. The student understands that different forms of numbers are appropriate for different situations.
2. The student selects and uses appropriate operations to solve problems and justify solutions.
Patterns, Relationships, and Algebraic Thinking
3. The student identifies proportional or non- proportional linear relationships in problem situations and solves problems.
4. The student makes connections among various representations of a numerical relationship. The student is expected to generate a different representation of data given another representation of data (such as a table, graph, equation, or verbal description).
5. The student uses graphs, tables, and algebraic representations to make predictions and solve problems.
Probability and Statistics
11. The student applies concepts of theoretical and experimental probability to make predictions.
12. The student uses statistical procedures to describe data.
13. The student evaluates predictions and conclusions based on statistical data.
Underlying Processes and Mathematical Tools
14. The student applies Grade 8 mathematics to solve problems connected to everyday experiences, investigations in other disciplines, and activities in and outside of school.
15. The student communicates about Grade 8 mathematics through informal and mathematical language, representations, and models.
16. The student uses logical reasoning to make conjectures and verify conclusions.
No Results Found