By Subject (broad)
By Topic (specific)
By Resource Type
Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills: Grade 5
> Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills: Grade 5
Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills
Geometry and Spatial Reasoning
7. The student generates geometric definitions using critical attributes. The student is expected to identify essential attributes including parallel, perpendicular, and congruent parts of two- and three-dimensional geometric figures.
8. The student models transformations.
9. The student recognizes the connection between ordered pairs of numbers and locations of points on a plane. The student is expected to locate and name points on a coordinate grid using ordered pairs of whole numbers.
10. The student applies measurement concepts involving length (including perimeter), area, capacity/volume, and weight/mass to solve problems.
11. The student applies measurement concepts. The student measures time and temperature (in degrees Fahrenheit and Celsius).
Number, Operation, and Quantitative Reasoning
1. The student uses place value to represent whole numbers and decimals.
2. The student uses fractions in problem-solving situations.
3. The student adds, subtracts, multiplies, and divides to solve meaningful problems.
4. The student estimates to determine reasonable results. The student is expected to use strategies, including rounding and compatible numbers to estimate solutions to addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division problems.
Patterns, Relationships, and Algebraic Thinking
5. The student makes generalizations based on observed patterns and relationships.
6. The student describes relationships mathematically. The student is expected to select from and use diagrams and equations such as y = 5 + 3 to represent meaningful problem situations.
Probability and Statistics
12. The student describes and predicts the results of a probability experiment.
13. The student solves problems by collecting, organizing, displaying, and interpreting sets of data.
Underlying Processes and Mathematical Tools
14. The student applies Grade 5 mathematics to solve problems connected to everyday experiences and activities in and outside of school.
15. The student communicates about Grade 5 mathematics using informal language.
16. The student uses logical reasoning.
No Results Found