By Subject (broad)
By Topic (specific)
By Resource Type
Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills: Grade 4
> Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills: Grade 4
Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills
Geometry and Spatial Reasoning
8. The student identifies and describes attributes of geometric figures using formal geometric language.
9. The student connects transformations to congruence and symmetry.
10. The student recognizes the connection between numbers and their properties and points on a line. The student is expected to locate and name points on a number line using whole numbers, fractions such as halves and fourths, and decimals such as tenths.
11. The student applies measurement concepts. The student is expected to estimate and measure to solve problems involving length (including perimeter) and area. The student uses measurement tools to measure capacity/volume and weight/mass.
12. The student applies measurement concepts. The student measures time and temperature (in degrees Fahrenheit and Celsius).
Number, Operation, and Quantitative Reasoning
1. The student uses place value to represent whole numbers and decimals.
2. The student describes and compares fractional parts of whole objects or sets of objects.
3. The student adds and subtracts to solve meaningful problems involving whole numbers and decimals.
4. The student multiplies and divides to solve meaningful problems involving whole numbers.
5. The student estimates to determine reasonable results.
Patterns, Relationships, and Algebraic Thinking
6. The student uses patterns in multiplication and division.
7. The student uses organizational structures to analyze and describe patterns and relationships. The student is expected to describe the relationship between two sets of related data such as ordered pairs in a table.
Probability and Statistics
13. The student solves problems by collecting, organizing, displaying, and interpreting sets of data.
Underlying Processes and Mathematical Tools
14. The student applies Grade 4 mathematics to solve problems connected to everyday experiences and activities in and outside of school.
15. The student communicates about Grade 4 mathematics using informal language.
16. The student uses logical reasoning.
No Results Found